CW: Mental Illness
My Dearest, is a new dance-based piece from Jazz Hands Productions. The story follows the inner dialogue of a person with schizophrenia and the relationship between them and their loved one as they become physically and mentally estranged. We hope to produce this work as a short film that’ll be filmed in the Keble O’Reilly Theatre in 4th week (start of November).
We are auditioning for two roles. One of the roles is more dance-heavy, the other more dialogue/acting-heavy, so you can audition for either one or both.We'll be casting gender-blind so anyone and everyone is encouraged to audition for either role!
We also strongly encourage all to audition regardless of previous experience, ability or background! If you have any access needs for auditions (e.g subtitles, image captions, etc), please let us know so we can help you!
To audition please send the following to email@example.com:
- Your name
- Your college
- Your email address (if you’d like us to contact you via an address different to the one you’re emailing us from)
- Anything else you think we need to know so we can assist you (e.g accessibility/mobility requirements, if you're in a high-risk category for Covid-19, tech restrictions, other time commitments etc).
Then, to audition for the dance-heavy role, please:
• Watch this video to learn the following dance routine, taught by our choreographer, Max.
(There's a video of the dance, a recording of the music and a separate video of Max teaching the dance!)
• Then film yourself performing the dance once you’ve learnt it (take as long as you need to learn the dance, and feel free to take as many takes as you need when filming).
• Any questions about the dance video/recording your video please drop us an email!
To audition for the acting-heavy role please send us a video of you performing a monologue of your choosing, no longer than 2 minutes. If you need help finding a monologue please get in touch with us by emailing the above email address, or by using the contact form on this website!
If you’d like to audition for both roles, please send us both a dance video and a monologue video.
Deadline for auditions 7pm, Thursday 24th September.
Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org!
You can also check out these auditions tips written by our director Emma.